On my day off, I went fishing with Anthony Patterson. Four years ago, he came to Indianapolis. As he told me about all the prayers God answered during the past four years in his life, Anthony got more and more excited.
- He found God his very first day in Indianapolis at one of our Life Groups.
- He also found his wife Katrina.
- God gave them a beautiful baby daughter.
- He graduated from Pike High School with his GED at age 30 and was the featured graduation speaker. (I was there. It was awesome!)
- He went on to graduate from Ivy Tech.
- And now he has been given a full ride scholarship college and wants to go into public education so he can help inner city kids believe that with God all things are possible!
Anthony said, “You know Pastor, everything I have prayed for during these last four years, God has given me. It actually got to the place where my wife said, be careful what you ask for. God really answers your prayers!”
God is a giving God!
King David also wrote in Psalm 37:
- Verse 4, “Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your heart’s desires.”
- Verse 5, “Commit everything you do to the LORD. Trust Him, and He will help you.”
- Verse 17, “The LORD takes care of the godly.”
- Verse 25, “Once I was young, and now I am old. Yet I have never seen the godly abandoned or their children begging for bread.”
- Verse 34, “Put your hope in the LORD. Travel steadily along His path. He will honor you by giving you the land.”
God wants to give to you and provide for you. What are you asking him for today?
Listen to the entire message on Lakeview’s podcast. http://www.lakeviewchurch.org/2016/10/09/living-the-jesus-perspective-provision/